- With sold out world tours, TV specials and millions of social media followers, Indian comedian ZAKIR KHAN performs a run of not one but two two-hour shows in Hindi in his Soho Theatre debut. And KANAN GILL returns to Soho with his brand new hour
- Christmas promises not to be a drag this year, with LE GATEAU CHOCOLAT and JONNY WOO returning to Soho Theatre with NOW THAT’S WHAT WE CALL MUSICALS, and American alt-drag legend DINA MARTINA returns from across the pond with THE DINA MARTINA CHRISTMAS SHOW
- NATALIE PALAMIDES brings back critically-acclaimed debut show LAID, while fellow American MARY BETH BARONE makes her Soho debut with DRAG HIS ASS, and Iranian-German sensation ENISSA AMANI is LIVE IN LONDON
- New shows from: AHIR SHAH: DRESS, SHAPARAK KHORSANDI: IT WAS THE NINETIES!!!, NICK HELM: I THINK, YOU STINK!, and KIELL SMITH-BYNOE and ED MACARTHUR in STRING V SPITTA
- Also coming soon are previously announced shows from NJAMBI MCGRATH, ISABELLE FARAH, LIZ KINGSMAN, and already sold out runs from MAE MARTIN and MEGAN STALTER
- On sale now (Mary Beth Barone on sale Friday) from sohotheatre.com
Getting in on the festive spirit early, Soho Theatre’s winter-ish season will indeed be the season to be jolly, featuring international comedians and exciting new work, such as Indian comedy superstar Zakir Khan, or Kiell Smith-Bynoe (Ghosts, BBC One) and Ed MacArthur (Murder for Two) in String V SPITTA, a brand new musical comedy about two rival children’s entertainers. We’ll also see the comforting return of some of our favourite shows, like Natalie Palamides’ critically acclaimed debut show Laid, following the worldwide success of her show Nate which was also released as a Netflix special last year.
The cabaret season features Le Gateau Chocolat and Jonny Woo who will bring Now That’s What We Call Musicals, the sequel to their critically-acclaimed show A Night at the Musicals, for what promises to be the Christmas party to end all Christmas parties (and then the January party to end all January parties). It’s been a few years since we last saw the talent-stuffed and sanitarium-ready American drag artist Dina Martina, who will come back with her unique sense of humour to perform her legendary Christmas show, The Dina Martina Christmas Show, for the first time in the UK, after successful runs across the US in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Provincetown, and New York City.
There’ll be plenty of comedy to lead you into the new year with shows by returning Soho Theatre friends and certified icons like Ahir Shah, Shaparak Khorsandi, Natalie Palamides, Enissa Amani, Nick Helm, Kanan Gill, and Mae Martin, as well as Soho newbies (but all-round legends) Njambi Mcgrath, Isabelle Farah, Zakir Khan, Megan Stalter, Mary Beth Barone, and Kiell Smith-Bynoe and Ed MacArthur’s String V SPITTA.