- Implement the communications (press & PR) strategy, in consultation with the coCommunications Directors and Head of Communications: Walthamstow and in collaboration with Marketing, Social Media, Digital and Audience colleagues to positively raise Soho Theatre’s reputation and profile, to build and maximise audiences and sales
- Respond to all media enquiries and in a timely manner
- Generate press coverage and profile-raising features for Soho Theatre, its artistic (theatre, comedy and cabaret) programme, Creative Engagement department, as well as Soho Theatre Bar, sponsorships, events, touring and digital work
- Research the correct placement of news pieces and features and proactively initiating press stories
- Develop, nurture and manage positive relationships with both existing and new media contacts, as well as freelancers and agencies
- Manage press and publicity campaigns, including strategy planning, asset collation, writing and distribution of press releases, interview pitching (follow up and management), press and guest nights (invites, rsvps and event management), campaign coverage and evaluation
- Liaise with creative and operations team on press and photo calls and events, to ensure maximum effectiveness of campaigns with minimum disruption to the theatre’s schedule • Commission rehearsal and production photographers and filming
- Deputise for the Co-communications Director (and Head of Communications: Walthamstow) when required
- Liaise with colleagues in other departments for regular meetings on both activity and strategy
- Being a spokesperson for Soho Theatre Company to the press and the industry
- Helping to position Soho Theatre as an attractive proposition to potential sponsors and supporters
- Liaise with associate organisations and visiting companies on their show campaigns
- Act as an ambassador for Soho Theatre when at other events and venues
- Work with the Co-Audience & Communications Director to ensure all Press and PR activity fits into the Soho Theatre brand and tone of voice, and evaluating this on an ongoing basis
- Manage the daily administration of press and pr, including media coverage and clippings, always looking for new opportunities and being up to speed and able to respond appropriately to the current arts news cycle
- Oversee the maintenance of show listings along with press databases and contacts that are compiled in an accessible, presentable cuttings archive
- Monthly listings to media
- Monitor and maintain the press budgets
- Support the aims and objectives of Soho Theatre Company both internally and externally
- Act as a spokesperson for Soho Theatre to contacts and industry
- Take an active part in first nights, press nights, special events and sponsors’ evenings
- Attend meetings with and on behalf of the Communications Department
- Attend Company meetings and other internal meetings as required
- Uphold the theatre’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy at all times
- Communicate efficiently with the rest of the department to ensure the smooth and efficient running of Communications activities
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required We will shortlist for the position based on how you respond to the job description and the person specification.
Submitting an application:
We prefer applications to be sent by email. Please send your completed forms to email@example.com with STCCMPR23 in the subject line, as well as a completing an equal opportunities form, which can be found by clicking here.
When completing your application form, please read the person specification in the job description carefully.
If you would like to submit your application in another format, or you have any queries about this role, please contact HR on 020 7478 0100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternatives.