The One by Vicky Jones looks at many sensitive and challenging subjects. In this post-show panel discussion with writers and artists, we explore writing which addresses these challenging subjects – the issues around engaging today’s audiences while taking responsibility of representation.
- Soho Theatre board member Oladipo Agboluaje (The Christ of Coldharbour Lane, The Estate, Iya Ile and The Hounding of David Oluwale).
- Gurpreet Bhatti (Behud at Soho Theatre, Khandan (Family) at the Royal Court, Behzti).
- Vicky Jones (winner of the 2013 Verity Bargate Award, co-Founder and co-Artistic Director of DryWrite).
- Soho’s Channel 4 Playwright in residence 2014 Clara Brennan (The Wing, Anatomy of a Banker, and Verity Bargate Award finalist The Vendor).
- Former Soho Six writer Phil Porter (Blink at Soho Theatre, Moominsummer Madness at Northampton Theatre Royal and Polka this summer, The Christmas Truce for RSC (Christmas 2014), a new play for Plymouth Drum and adapting Blink for Radio 4).
Chaired by Nina Steiger, Associate Director, Soho Theatre.